Art Education Policies
- Registration is on a first come, first serve basis
- Registration must be received at least 3 business days before the class start date.
- Payment is due in full at the time of registration.
- WSS retains the rights to cancel any class that does not meet the stated class minimum 3 days before the class start date.
- Students must be at least 17 years old to attend an adult class.
- Any exceptions to age requirements for classes must be approved by the Director of Education at WSS and the individual instructor.
- If a class is cancelled by WSS for any reason, enrolled students are entitled to a complete refund.
- WSS reserves the right to cancel classes due to inclement weather or instructor illness.
- Students who withdraw before 10 business days before the class start date may receive a full refund minus a $15 processing fee.
- Students who withdraw between 10 and 3 business days before the class start date may receive a 50% credit toward another class at WSS. Credits may not be used toward any other WSS purchase or event price. No refunds are issued for cancellations that are within 3 business days of the class start date.
- Students are responsible to notify WSS of withdrawals via email or phone call.
- There are no refunds on classes missed due to absence.
- Make-up sessions may or may not be offered at the discretion of the individual instructor.
- Absence from a class does not institute official withdrawal.
- Prorating the cost of a class due to late entry is solely at the discretion of the instructor.
- Only the registered student may attend a class. No relatives or friends are allowed to accompany students.
CONSENT to PHOTOGRAPH
- WSS reserves the right to photograph any student, class, or artwork and reproduce in print, on our website, or other form of promotional materials without compensation.
CHANGES of POLICY
- WSS reserves the right to make changes to instructors, class structures, and policies at any time.
- WSS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability. WSS, however, reserves the right to dismiss any student for any other reason without obligations.
- A student must be able to attend a class without a parent present, unless it is a multi-generational class.
- WSS will not tolerate violent or abusive behavior from students, including bullying of other students or staff in any form. Inappropriate behavior will result in dismissal from class without refund.
DROP OFF and PICK UP
- Child and teen students may not be dropped off for a class more than 15 minutes before a class begins. Parents should never leave students alone in a classroom, but make sure the teacher is present.
- Child and teen students must be picked up promptly at the end of the class. Parents may be charged $10 per 15 minute increment for late pick up.
- If a child or teen student will be picked up by someone other than a parent or legal guardian, a note must be on file with the name and contact information of this person. The instructor must also be notified of this arrangement before the class.