EVENTS & FACILITIES MANAGER
The Facilities and Events Manager is responsible for managing facility operations, studio leases information, and the coordination and implementation of private and public events at Water Street Studios including (but not limited to) monthly Gallery Opening Receptions, Live Art Series events, and Waterline Writers.
This position works directly with Water Street Studios staff, board, artists, volunteers, community partners, and general public. The Facilities and Events Manager reports directly to the Executive Director. The Executive Director must approve all facility and event-related expenses.
· Point of contact for all facility-related concerns and questions
· Responsible for general maintenance and cleanliness for entire facility
· Management of security systems including inventory of keycards
· Ensuring an inviting experience for visitors, students, exhibiting artists, resident artists, instructors, etc.
· Event coordinator for the Live Art Series and Gallery Opening events
· Handle day-to-day communications with the public about operations and upcoming events
· Manage annual lease agreements and process for all resident artists
· Provide tours for prospective resident artists, members, donors, etc.
· Point of contact for individuals interested in leasing an artist studio
· Point of contact for all public and private event inquiries
· Responsible for attending and arranging for set up and clean up for each private or public event. If unable to attend event, responsible for finding replacement.
· Handle all necessary licenses and permits with city or state
· Liaison between Water Street Studios and Batavia Enterprises Inc. and City of Batavia
· Coordinate with appropriate committees and staff for event and facility arrangements
· Assist with social media presence, specifically related to upcoming events and opportunities
· Manage inventory of assets at Water Street Studios
· Purchasing of building or event-related supplies as needed
· Technical support assistance
· Bartend special events when necessary
· Basset Certification
· Must have vehicle
· Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
Interested in the position?
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 26, 2019.