FREE: Open Sketch
Join us for a relaxing afternoon of sketching and meeting other adult artists at Water Street Studios. Bring a friend and make some new ones! Ages 14-adult only, please.
We will provide:
- An interesting still life set up
- Easels and drawing benches around the still life (must be reserved)
- Drawing boards
- Basic drawing supplies (graphite and charcoal) – if needed
- Drawing paper – if needed
- Tables and chairs with photo references for sketching in the gallery
- Free coffee!
When: 4th Sunday of the month
Time: 1-3 pm
2017 Dates: Aug 27, Sep 24, Oct 22, Nov 26
A few guidelines:
- Ages 14 – adult only, please
- No painting or wet mediums are allowed.
- Allowed mediums: Graphite, charcoal, pastels, Conte Crayons, colored pencils, and other dry drawing tools
- Bring your own easel or reserve one when you RSVP.
Open Sketch for Kids
Open Sketch for Kids is a monthly, non-instructional sketching session for ages 7-13. It meets on the 4th Sunday of the month from 2-3 pm in the South Classroom of Water Street Studios at the same time as the adult Open Sketch in the gallery.
Director of Education, Karine Bauch, will sketch along with the young artists and allow them to explore various dry mediums like pencils, pastels, and markers. Water Street Studios School of Art will provide art supplies, photographs, and interesting objects to draw. Young artists bring a creative spirit and imagination!
This session is NON-INSTRUCTIONAL, but is instead a time for relaxed art exploration and sketching. This is a good fit for young artists that enjoy drawing in an unguided manner and can focus for an hour on art. It would not be a good fit for easily distracted children who require a lot of guidance.
DATES and TIMES:
- Aug 27, Sep 24, Oct 22, Nov 26
- Sundays from 2-3 pm
An RSVP is required. There is limited seating, so please RSVP early. You may only RSVP for one session at a time.